NASCO is a workplace where knowledge meets delivery. In the past 29 years, we have evolved from simply providing claims processing for Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans national accounts to providing an integrated, single-system solution for a Plan’s entire book of business. The energy behind our continued success is our people. Our talented and knowledgeable associates are trusted advisors to our customers and help achieve our mission of “building a better healthcare system for America.”
Our people are here to create something that matters – to themselves, to our customers, and to the millions of Blue Cross and Blue Shield members all around the country. They achieve this by exemplifying our values every day:
• Strong relationships with our customers, suppliers and each other
• Honesty, integrity and accountability in everything we do
• Quality results that matter
• Clear and concise communications
• Individual commitment to no breaches, no defects and no outages
For five straight years, NASCO has been recognized as a top Atlanta workplace and one of the top 30 companies to work for by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. NASCO has also received honors for its effective workplace strategies that yield positive business results. In 2016 NASCO was a recipient of the coveted When Work Works award, for the second consecutive year. The award recognizes model organizations across the country. These employers are leaders in providing effective and flexible workplace practices that help their employees find success at the workplace and at home.
At NASCO we offer benefits that meet the needs of our diverse workforce. By offering competitive pay and benefits, paid time off, plus annual performance-based bonus opportunities, NASCO rewards its associates for their dedication to deliverables, customer service, teamwork and innovation. From our many opportunities for education and advancement to a business casual dress code, flexible work schedule and company-supported community service initiative, NASCO provides excellent benefits and incentives.
• Choice of Health Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Paid Time Off and Corporate Holidays
• Work Flexibility
• Education Assistance
Training & Development
At NASCO, we believe in life-long learning. Our focus is on developing our associates so they in turn can share their knowledge with their peers, business colleagues and customers. We refer to this as our learning mantra ‘Learn something. Teach someone.’ And since all learning doesn’t occur in the classroom, we offer a variety of resources from self-paced online courses to digital books and resource guides to customized instructor-led classes to interacting with peers to solve a business problem through our communities of practice.
• Managing personal growth and development
• Leadership activities such as coaching, providing feedback and leading by example
• Customer relations such as proactive problem solving and responsiveness
• Professional growth in specific technical areas
In addition to training courses, we also provide:
• Funding for membership and participating in nationally-recognized professional organizations
• Tuition reimbursement
• Strategic corporate partnership with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
Each year, our associates provide feedback about our programs and engage in individual development plans through training, self-study and external activities and organizations.