NASCO is owned by and exclusively serves Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans across the nation. Our integrated suite of administrative solutions help Blue Plans address unique business challenges and revolutionize business operations. We provide seamless benefit management, eligibility, membership, billing and claims processing support for our Blue Plan customers, allowing them to provide competitive healthcare products in federal, state and multistate markets for more than 23 million members.
NASCO’s partnership with multiple Blue Plans provides a community that fosters the collaboration needed to deliver shared solutions while balancing speed-to-market goals with Plan-specific needs. We are dedicated to helping the Blues build a better healthcare system for America. We are more than just a company. We are a community. We are NASCO.
Our History & Legacy
In 1987, we created what is now referred to as the industry’s most effective and efficient single-system claims processing solution, the NASCO Processing System (NPS). And we’ve delivered it exclusively to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans ever since. There’s been a lot of change over the 29 plus years that we’ve been around. But even with those changes, certain things remain the same.
By nature, we are inherently a Blue-focused company. Blue Plans count on NASCO because our products are unsurpassed for their dependability and performance. We build our products with flexibility and scalability so they can grow and evolve to meet whatever changes take place in healthcare.
We are committed to providing superior service and exceptional delivery. We take an innovative approach in developing our technology and our processes to ensure that we are delivering the right solutions, at the right time, in the right way.
Today, NASCO provides claims processing solutions for national, state, large group, small group, and individual and government programs. NASCO’s core strength comes from our claims processing system, which is unsurpassed in the market for dependability, flexibility, scalability and operational performance. We also offer a highly configurable membership solution that can be suited for any Plan’s total book of business, as well as a multitude of performance-based services designed to help our Plan customers improve their operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
NASCO is committed to superior service and exceptional delivery, and as our Plan customers migrate more and more of their business onto our system, we know that it is more important than ever to be innovative in our approach to technology and processes to ensure that we are delivering the right solutions, at the right time, the right way.
Through our total payer approach and product-based shared services model, NASCO will help the Blues build a better healthcare system for America.
NASCO will be at the heart of the most effective and efficient Blue payer system.
- Strong relationships with our customers, suppliers and each other
- Honesty, integrity and accountability in everything we do
- Quality results that matter
- Clear and concise communications
- Individual commitment to no breaches, no defects and no outages
The NASCO Difference
Many things separate NASCO from our competition, but one characteristic stands out above all – no one knows Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans better than we do. We are owned by and exclusively serve the Blues. We understand Blue Cross and Blue Shield from the inside out. Our approach is not based on theory, academics or trends. It’s based on more than 29 years of experience and exclusive, successful service to some of the largest Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans.
- We are True Blue. NASCO is a Blue owned asset, exclusively focused on the needs of Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans across the nation.
- We enable Blue Plan collaboration through our shared product platform. With NASCO at the heart of their payer systems, our Blue Plan customers exchange ideas, share best-practices and co-invest in our products and services.
- We consistently lower Plan costs through our shared system environment. NASCO and its tightly integrated partners provide a total payer solution that bridges consumer, provider and Blue Plan workflows, ultimately reducing operational and medical costs.
- NASCO maintains a highly configurable family of products that can be suited to fit any Plan’s total book of business, including national, local and government accounts.
- NASCO provides the ability to automatically adjudicate over 90 percent of all claims processed, allowing Plan customers to achieve greater overall efficiency and to maximize their operational performance.
- We build trusted relationships with our customers and suppliers. Year after year, our customer satisfaction survey results indicate that our customers value the relationships they have with NASCO associates just as much as they value our solution.
- We are unsurpassed in the marketplace for reliability, flexibility and scalability. As a NASCO customer, Blue Plans experience 99.9 percent system availability, high-quality cycle completion times and the ability to readily incorporate new claim volumes.